In-house designed fabrics
"Art and fashion don't have to be sewn as separate. That's why I am creating wearable art and the fabric is my canvas." - Anke Wonder, Founder
Wouldn't it be great to have your closet filled with garments that are eclectic and exquisite? Garments that are pieces of art just like you? And garments out of eco-friendly fabrics in bold colors and vivid designs?
With the uniquely designed Anke Wonder fabric you can feel beautiful and empowered while helping the environment.
Look for the right symbol in the store! 👇
🎨 100% organic cotton sateen with Anke Wonder’s exclusive painting prints on it.
The design process of Anke Wonders Wearable Art
The brand Anke Wonder takes pride in their in-house designed fabric prints and the entire process which focuses on unique design and craftsmanship.
- Each Anke Wonder´s exclusive painting print starts with nature inspired sketches.
- The best sketches serve as inspiration for an acrylic painting.
- The paintings are getting converted into a digital file.
- The designs are sent out for printing. A first test print is made to decide if changes in the design need to be made.
- The designs get finalized and the first outfit gets sewed.
The fabric and printing process
The in-house designed patterns get printed on 100% organic cotton in a digital printing process with water-based pigment inks and dyes in the USA.
The pigment inks meet the Oeko-Tex 100 requirements, so they are free of restricted chemicals.
Pigment printing also uses less water and energy than other printing processes, making it better for the environment.